In this Professional Development course, you will get simple strategies to build 21st century learning in classrooms. The entire course comprises 7 short modules which focus on building a holistic, integrated and competency-based learning environment, through practical examples that work.
Simple assignments, reflective and metacognitive practice sheets help teachers build skills for powerful learning that can enable them to transact the same for their students.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Any teacher wanting to transform classroom into experiential, Holistic and 21st century skill builder
- Teachers nurturing Pre-primary, Primary and Middle schoolers
- Though this course is not very subject specific, it is most suited for Science and EVS teachers, simply because of the examples shared
Key topics covered:
- Understanding 21st Century skills and competencies
- Experiential Learning
- Science Process skills
- Building skills of Observation and Experimenting
- Understanding Circle Time
- Worksheets to Build Critical Thinking
- Projects and Games to extrapolate learning
Key Features of the course
1. Each module has one or more of these tools for empowered training
- A cheat sheet with notes that serves as a ready reckoner. Keep cheat sheets as your reference notes for quick revision and recall.
- A simple test with MCQs
- A thought-provoking question for you to ponder upon and journal.
- One or more short practical assignment to do
- A Feedback form, for you to experience what metacognition is, and how it works in practical life.
- This course also allows you to attend a live Q & A session, for which you have to book in advance. Book your slot as soon as possible because there are limited seats available in every slot.
- On successful completion of all the modules in the course, teachers get a free downloadable certificate from One Teacher One Scientist which can add huge value to their profile.
2. At the end of the course, you receive a free, downloadable OTOS Handbook, which contains a couple of sample activities or a combination of a sample worksheet, project and assignment which is additional support I am giving you free of cost, so that it is easy for you to practically transact the methodologies taught here in this course.
3. You can use sample activities and worksheets given throughout the course as reference material, to create future assignments, worksheets and projects for your students on different topics. I would highly recommend you to store sheets of all OTOS courses in one place so that by the end you would have your own collection of reference material.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Learning in the 21st Century
- Video 3: 21st Century Learning Landscape: PPT Based on the drive
- Video 4: Understanding Blooms on the drive
- Video 5: How Children Learn: PPT Based on the drive
- Reading Time PDF on Vygotsky which will have his picture as the icon
- Cheat Sheet 1, 2 and 3 Downloadable
- Exit Ticket: Journal your Expectations
- MCQ Test
Module 3: Observation: A critical science process skill
- Video 6: Science Process skills: PPT Based
- Video 7: Introduction to Observation skills
- Video 8: Importance of an Observation sheet
- Video 9: Nature walk: Part 1
- Video 10: How to make an observation worksheet
- Video 11: Nature walk Part 2
- Video 12: Conclusion
- Cheat Sheet 4
- Practical Assignment
- Journal Question J3
- Test Yourself
Module 4: Building Qi skills through Circle Time
Module 5: Experiments To Construct knowledge
- Video 16: Experiments as a Pedagogical tool
- Video 17: How to conduct experiments effectively
- Video 18: The role of worksheets in experiments
- Video 19: Experiments to build hypothesis and inferencing
- Video 20: Breaking Boundaries between subjects through Experiments : PPT based
- Cheat Sheet 6
- Journal Question
- Test Yourself: MCQ Test
Module 6: Worksheets to build High Order Thinking Skills
Module 7: Projects for Holistic Learning
Module 8: Conclusion